Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fruit & Veg

Piñas

There is an outdoor farmers market in Liberia. It seems to get going about mid-afternoon and run into the evening. There was every kind of edible tropical plant, plus eggs, queso fresco, breads and I don't know what.

It's all very inexpensive - to us. The pineapples above were about US$ 2 each. Limes had strange skins that would put off American shoppers, although we never saw one like these in a cocktail. I'm less certain about the next two. Maybe casava root, followed by red potatoes and a kind of squash, or maybe something else altogether. The lush fruit at the bottom is mango.
                    
Limes

Might Be Casava

I Forget What

Guava

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

The guava looks a lot like mango! You're making me hungry at breakfast!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I have not been to the farmer's market in Liberia. Once again you have visited places that I will need to check out.

Luis Gomez said...

These are all so beautiful looking.

William Kendall said...

Now I've got a need for pineapple...

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Love mango, these look slightly different from ours on the outside but yum inside.. Keep chilling Bob :)

Nathalie H.D. said...

I'd say the veggies in the middle photos are yam and sweet potato.
Yummy mango !

Stefan Jansson said...

Great post and photos Bob.