Saturday, January 11, 2014

Emigration

Emigration

Sez here in yesterday's St. Louis Post-Dispatch that some locals are gonna estabish human life on Mars! Well, maybe. Anyway, don't think there will be enough of them to make the local traffic any better.  But think about the fun when they set up the first baseball stadium and someone wearing a red hat hits a home run 945 feet. That's a winner, as the beloved late Cardinals' broadcaster Jack Buck would say.

If you have a keen interest in interplanetary travel or nothing better to do, you can read the whole story here.     

9 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I read about a young Swedish woman, Moova Spennare,she is also one of the hopefuls. I have a feeling that this TV show thing will end before they actually leave for the red planet.

cieldequimper said...

And end up green? No thanks. :-)

Pat said...

I'll hold off on this one. Too cold. But then, it's been cold in Saint Louis....

EG CameraGirl said...

Hmmm. Not my thing. I like it here on Earth too much. ;)

Birdman said...

Leave it to the midwest to contemplate traveling to Mars. You've got stars in your eyes this AM.

William Kendall said...

Something about the private sector aspect of all this leaves me feeling wary of the notion.

Luis Gomez said...

Love this post Bob. ;)

Jack said...

Uh, sorry, Bob. I don't have time to read the story.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Interplanetary travel Bob!! are you serious.. I'm going to have to steel myself to get on a plane to see my new granddaughter in Sydney twice a year :)