Friday, January 1, 2010

First Night

.
Like a number of other American cities, St. Louis has a First Night celebration, an all ages, alcohol-free New Year's Eve party with entertainment up and down the Grand Center arts and entertainment district. Mrs. C and I went early and caught some really good acts. Got some good shots, too, which should last me awhile. Except today is the annual New Year's Day water skiing in the Mississippi event, which is a photographer's don't miss. Anyway, this group of very young local acrobats who call themselves the St. Louis Arches played in the auditorium of the old grandiose Scottish Rite Masonic temple. Pretty cool all around.

And Happy New Year to all from STL.

15 comments:

Virginia said...

Well look at moi! I'm still up at 12:29 am to be exact!! Well this top photo with the shadows is so very excellent that even in my champagne haze I know it.
Happy New Year to the entire Crowe Clan!!
V

Louis la Vache said...

«Louis» wishes you all the best in the New Year!

Jilly said...

Oh my goodness, that first shot is amazing, Bob.

I wish you and your family the very best for 2010.

brattcat said...

Beautiful shots, both of them. Happy New Year to all the Cs. May this be a glorious year for you all.

PJ said...

Who says that living in the Midwest is boring? Not me. I love the top photo, it's just terrific. Happy New Year to you and yours, Bob.

cieldequimper said...

Bonne année Bob !

Mo said...

Very nice. Happy New Year.

Sharon said...

This looks like a fun way to spend New Years Eve! Beautiful shots, I especially like the top one.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Your photo of the acrobats with their shadow is great. Waterskiing on the Mississippi on January 1? Not for me. Best wishes for the New Year.

Virginia said...

Well now that I'm thinking clearer I spy a remark concerning water skiing on the Mighty Mississippi! Good lord Bob. Is there enough alcohol in The Lou to make someone in their right mind do that??? I want to see pictures!!

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful shots. Have a wonderful 2010!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

First Night sounds like a great concept. Very cool photos especially the first photo. the shadows are dramatic. Happy New Year and I wish you many good photos in 2010!

Carraol said...

These shots looks perfect and fun for this first night. Happy New Year!

Daniel Chérouvrier said...

Bonne année.
Hyvää uutta vuotta !

Merry@Syracuse said...

This is wonderfully beautiful. Wish we had been there. We are in NY now, getting back to the business of daily blogging and preparing to launch the new Syracuse daily blog. No name yet. Will keep you all posted. Miss you and StL so much.