Wednesday, May 6, 2009

It Doesn't Sound Mexican

.
In the midst of the Cinco de Mayo parade there was a really hot rock band. I want to tell you, they were not playing La Bamba or La Cucaracha. Their dress had modern fabrics but the music and style would have fit in at the Filmore deacdes ago (and I was a frequent habitué of the Filmore East so I know). The singer with the pineapple tee shirt has got a big Janice Joplin thing going. The guitarist in the top photo looks like he'd like to be Prince one day. I gave up on rock years ago in favor of music that had more to chew on (Michael Gordon, anyone? A little Astor Piazzola?) but this band was like childhood comfort food. You're never to old to rock and roll.

TOMORROW:
Thursday Arch Series. Sure hope I can find something in the archives 'cause I ain't been down there shooting in a while.


10 comments:

Olivier said...

yessss rock and roll, superbe fĂȘte

Buenos Aires Photoblog said...

Fans will be fans, once and forever...

Virginia said...

I'm scared to inquire what the drummer had on or didn't have on! That's some group you ran up on B. I knew Olivier would love it!HA
V

Sharon said...

They look like they could have stepped right out of the 60's.

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

That looks like a blast! I'm pretty sure I'll always be a rock n roller. But you never know I guess. Anyway, I still noodle on your old Hagstrom guitar every now and then.

randy smith said...

Its like a blast from the past. Very cool

Antjas said...

I have to agree with Virginia. I'm afraid he may be sporting a large plumber's crack.

Unknown said...

You've really captured the atmosphere of this gig in your photos. Well done!

Miranda McAfee said...

They make quite the fashion statement.

PJ said...

They look like they're having a blast. Great, great portraits.