Wednesday, November 1, 2023

CITY DAILY PHOTO NOVEMBER THEME - MY FAVORITE PLACE IN TOWN

This should be pretty obvious to my long-time friends: the Gateway Arch, 630 feet / 192 meters of stainless steel. (I always capitalize it because it is a deity.) The shape is a catenary arch, what you get if you let a chain droop down from its ends. exactly as wide as it is high. Sure I'm biased but I think it is the most beautiful monumental sculpture in the world. It has different moods at every time of day, season and weather. I never tire of it.                

6 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

I had a feeling we would see another photo of the Arch. Amazing colors here.

biebkriebels said...

Yes I have seen it and even walked around the arch.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great seasonal photo of the landmark.

Jim said...

It's marvellous.

William Kendall said...

Iconic. I'd love to see it.

RedPat said...

That is a great shot of it, Bob.