Sunday, July 2, 2023

STL DPB IN THE AIR - SMOKE SIGNALS

Flew over to New York yesterday and then drove to New Jersey, where I'll spend the 4th of July holiday with my sibs and their families. I made sure to get a window seat on the left/north side of the plane. Irregular streaks of soot stained the sky. As I drove across the bridge linking Queens, Manhattan and the Bronx, the air was a smudge of orange-brown, the sun looking like old fruit ready for the trash.

My plane got out of St. Louis just as lightening was flashing across the west. Shortly thereafter, a huge storm blew in, causing flash flooding and downed power lines. At least it clears the air.

            

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

Yesterday saw some storms here as well.

21 Wits said...

Amazing capture, of what we'll be experiencing all summer long yet!