Monday, February 7, 2022

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - THE VESSEL, PART 2

The view of The Vessel that I posted yesterday was through a multistory window of the shopping center in Hudson Yards. This is inside of it, sort of the bottom of the inverted cone. The stairways up the structure are complex and long. The track in the center is an elevator, although a terribly slow one. It carries six people and makes only one trip every 15 minutes. They let me use it on a previous trip when I was having back problems and was hobbling around on a cane. Looks cool, though. 

Gotta shoot some new local material one of these days.        

3 comments:

21 Wits said...

Interesting I had no idea what it was!

William Kendall said...

Quite a fascinating interior, Bob.

Stefan Jansson said...

Looks very cool to me.