Friday, July 23, 2021

AH! SUN-FLOWER


By William Blake
 
Ah Sun-flower! weary of time,
Who countest the steps of the Sun:
Seeking after that sweet golden clime
Where the travellers journey is done. 

Where the Youth pined away with desire,
And the pale Virgin shrouded in snow: 
Arise from their graves and aspire, 
Where my Sun-flower wishes to go.
 
 
I couldn't get that out of my head while I was shooting in the flower field. I know the poem not because of some course in romantic poetry but because of a musical arrangement my weird friends and I listened to in the late 60s, https://youtu.be/Mp1zE1oicdg.                        

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Tres belle.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Beautiful, I've not grown ant for a while, must try next years

Kristy Wehrle said...

I still have this album.