Wednesday, September 18, 2019

STL DPB ON THE ROAD - REDUCED TO POSTING IMAGES OF LIQUOR MARKETING


No posts for a couple of days. I got back from New Orleans, went back to work and felt like I walked into a fan. More people and things want a piece of me than there is me to go around. I really want to retire but the plan is for next year after I turn 70.

Anyway, I don't have any new local material  (although I do have an improv festival to shoot Friday night). So, back to the Big Easy. I can't think of anyplace that promotes alcohol abuse and binge drinking like Bourbon Street. Many Americans will recognize this figure as the personification of Captain Morgan Spiced Rum. I've never tasted the stuff but its marketing is inescapable.

He is supposed to be a pirate, a dishonorable profession. How much sea water do you think could build up  in those cuffs?        

1 comment:

William Kendall said...

Handy spot to hide a knife, or a flask.