Wednesday, September 11, 2019

STL DPB ON THE ROAD AGAIN - AW SHUCKS


It seems like I've hardly slept in my own bed lately. Back from Paris a few days ago, work as fast as I can, than down to New Orleans for a conference in my legal specialty. It's a big deal for me. The organization was founded and had its first meeting in this city 40 years ago. There are four of us at this meeting who were at the first one. I'm one of them. I thought they were going to give us something like the Legion of Honor, but no.

So Mrs. C and I went out for a walk today in the famous, historic and, in spots, quite tawdry French Quarter, or Vieux Carre. We stopped into an old place called Felix's for lunch. It's an oyster house. Somebody has to shuck all those oysters for the famous po' boy sandwiches. These guys were amazing for the speed at which they worked and the retention of all their fingers.           

2 comments:

William Kendall said...

I'd have to go in search of steak and pass on the oysters.

Sharon said...

Enjoy yourself and have a beneit for me!