Saturday, February 16, 2019

STL DPB On The Road - They Told Me To Take It Easy


And what choice do I have? I get around but standing and walking are limited. Sitting and lying are not so off we go.

We're not crazy about Samara. It's okay and has what you need but access to the main beach is isn't easy. It is beyond the shoreline development and parking is tough. Tamarindo has lots more options. On the advice of the hotel, we took a look at Playa Camaronal west of town, which was pretty empty. I don't sit on a beach since I'm as white as they make 'em but it was pretty and peaceful. The caretaker, though, has an attitude about you and your best friend.

Since I can't hike we are taking a boat ride to look for dolphins this morning. Might do me some good to get into the water.

Today's traveling with a handicap note: Ticos, as the locals call themselves, have been ever-gracious about my limitations. It's the Americans that can cause problems. This is a new issue to me. We were entering a restaurant last night that had a single person wide step from the street into the entrance. One of my countrymen stood there and stood there while I was bent over my cane, blocking my way until I barked at him, "Excuse me, sir. I need the step." A fair number of Americans don't see me or just look through me. The Ticos never do that.
       


1 comment:

William Kendall said...

The view with the horses really stands out.