Thursday, January 5, 2012

Samba Lesson

.
First night 2011-12-31 6 (Latin Dance Lesson)

I'm giving the Thursday Arch Series a week off. I could use a week off. I'll get five days off soon but we'll come to that later (it's a massive photo op).

The dancer we saw in yesterday's post changed costume after the set and then came back to offer a samba lesson to anyone interested. I was pleased that several children joined the group and amused that they stood together, apart from the adults. The light on this ain't perfect. I was trying to use available light with an 85 mm fixed focal length lens at f 1.8 and 1600 ISO. Flash just blew out the foreground.


Below, the whole samba band and our dancer's companion, who wore a headdress suitable for an Aztec king.

First Night 2011-12-31 7

7 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime bien la premiere pendant le cours et le mouvement hesitant des danseurs

Nathalie said...

Love that dance lesson. Not all kids have their left foot forward, the adults seem to be doing better - which is reassuring.

Pat said...

Looks like one heck of a lot of fun.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You put your left foot in and you....!! Looks like a fun time Bob,they were lucky to get the little ones to join in!

Jack said...

I would have been wallflowering along the side. Two left feet.

Virginia said...

OHHHHH, I must disagree here. The light is really good and those babies trying to learn that dance made my heart sing.
V

Jilly said...

Love that first photo, Bob. You can hear the beat...