Thursday, May 21, 2015

Swap Meet

St  Louis Swap Meet 2015-05-17 5

Swap meet, a phrase used loosely. More like a low-end, post-industrial urban flea market in the courtyard of a derelict brewery. The St. Louis Swap Meet has been going on for 10 years and got right by me until a couple of weeks ago. It's got junk/fun bric-a-brac, a couple of vans with local designers of women's clothes and a mismatched (and therefore interesting) assortment of food trucks. More to come.                       

St  Louis Swap Meet 2015-05-17 6

10 comments:

s.c said...

Looks like a fun place to me.

Luis Gomez said...

Looks great Bob.

Luis Gomez said...

Looks great Bob.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Did Mrs C get a chance to look around for some unexpected treasures while you took your shots Bob? Looks like quite an extensive affair.

Sharon said...

We have one of these that goes on all weekend located on the south side of town on the grounds of the greyhound racing facility. I went once probably 25 years ago. I'm not sure why I've never gone back.
You are right about the two city centers. We have downtown and what we call mid-town. Before I moved I used to live in the heart of mid-town and Julie and Dave still work in a mid-town high-rise. When I was working in St. Louis, I used to go to Clayton quite often. There are some great restaurants there. I kind think of it as the "Scottsdale" of your area.

William Kendall said...

It looks very busy!

Birdman said...

Whatever you call it. I'm game!

cieldequimper said...

That's cool and I like the bold colours and 'arrowy' patterns of the van.

Norma said...

Swap meets are fun!

Stefan Jansson said...

This does look like fun, at least for a short visit.