Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday Arch Series

Busch Stadium and Arch - Sunset 2 BW

This was part of the same series of shots as last week's Arch picture. The curve is contained by two light towers of the baseball stadium. I like the rhythm.

It's an appropriate week to think about baseball in St. Louis. Stan Musial, the most beloved player in the history of the St. Louis Cardinals and one of the greatest in the history of the game, died last weekend at the age of 92. He spent his whole career here, playing for 22 seasons. People are placing all sorts of memorials beneath his monumental statue in front of Busch Stadium. I'd go shoot it if I had the time but I haven't this week.



   

9 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I'm in love with that arch shot.

brattcat said...

bravo, bob.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

We moved to St. Louis in 1963 in time for Stan the Man's last season, and I am glad I had the chance to see him play. He is justifiably revered as a person and a player.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

How do you do it Bob! Fantastic B&W and a nice tribute too.

Pat said...

In an age where most pro athletes let us down and even the greatest from Stan's era leave traces of disgrace; we will see the sun rise and set brilliantly. Stan Musial was such a man.

Unknown said...

Brilliant, Bob!

William Kendall said...

Excellent shot, and quite a tribute to the Man!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Stan the Man. Like no other. I had no idea he was still alive. Well, until this past weekend. I hope he had a happy life after leaving The Show.

Jack said...

It must be hard finding new ways to see the arch. This one is a good one. And, I admired Musial. Even though I was a Red Sox fan, I was a bit lukewarm about Ted Williams because he was a jerk, but I loved Musial and Mays.