Tuesday, August 18, 2026

AT THE ST. LOU FRINGE - WINDING DOWN

Not much more to go, since I shot barely 20 of 40 shows. These are two of the last from Sunday. First, Henchmen, about executioners, literally headsmen, in Tudor-ish England. The man on the left in the second picture looks the role to me but the one on the right seems more like he is wearing traditional Italian priest's garb (think Father Guido Sarducci on SNL, https://youtu.be/lWBhsiBMOIo?si=xhgNPkbXp29mEMam). I can't remember what the woman was about. Toward the end, the man in black tells the man in white that it is his turn to be executed. No reason was given that I could tell.

Then we have Improvsburg, done by two women from a small city in Indiana. Hey, it's got its own improv company! Improv often leans into audience participation and the group was sadly small on a Sunday morning. However, St. Louis' peripatetic theater critic, Tina Farmer, volunteered and got the job done. 






 

No comments: