Sunday, October 1, 2023

CITY DAILY PHOTO OCTOBER THEME - TRANSPORTATION

St. Louis grew from the Mississippi River. Today, the river remains one of the main arteries of America with huge barge flotillas carrying freight up and down. Most of the cargo is fungible goods like grain, coal and gravel. When I worked downtown, I always  enjoyed watching their grace and power.  

See how our members' cities around the world move their stuff at https://citydailyphoto.org/category/theme-days/ .               

4 comments:

s.c said...

That pusher with its barges looks very impressive. You do indeed need some kind of Missisippi for that. Nice

Sharon said...

Wow, this brings back loads of memories. Growing up in Quincy Illinois, that's something I saw almost every day in my youth.

RedPat said...

I love this for the theme, Bob.

Jim said...

Good one for theme day.