Tuesday, July 8, 2014

In Context

4th of July In Webster Groves 2014 26

Yesterday's post had photos of the fireworks set against only the black sky. This set keeps the carnival attractions in the frame to provide a sense of scale. Admittedly, the camera is always pointing in about the same direction but you get the idea.

Something I like about these pyrotechnics is their simplicity and spare design. That, of course, was swept away during the finale, which we will come to.. Still more shots to edit of the carnival itself and maybe the parade. And I'm experimenting with some fireworks shots in black and white. That could be quite dramatic.

4th of July In Webster Groves 2014 24

4th of July In Webster Groves 2014 25

4th of July In Webster Groves 2014 23

4th of July In Webster Groves 2014 22

8 comments:

Birdman said...

I like these with the rides at bottom. Dramatic.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looking forward to the grand finale Bob.. I experimented a while back with b&w fireworks, can look really fab!

Halcyon said...

Your fireworks shots really came out great!

cieldequimper said...

This is wonderful!

I'm not sure I'm going to be able to make it to the 14 juillet fireworks because of no parking and no walking for me. But then I suppose it's going to rain pots and buckets anyway...

Norma said...

I'm glad I get your posts via email, Bob. This one is definitely a keeper!

William Kendall said...

Stellar shots, Bob! Wow!

Jack said...

To my eye, having the rides at the bottom places the fireworks in context and is more interesting than just the fireworks alone. It is like sunset photos. Photos of just a red sky and horizon are nice (though boring), but when there is something of interest in the horizon, then the same red sky gains more interest.

TheChieftess said...

Cool fireworks shots!!! Love the one with the ferris wheel moving...I'm not sure I'd want to be on that ferris wheel while fireworks are exploding over me though!!!