Friday, January 4, 2013

Buzzed Light

New Year's Waterskiing On The Mississippi 8

One of the people water skiing in the Mississippi on New Year's Day. I hadn't seen this costume in previous years. For those outside the US, the brand name is a play on Bud Light, the enormously popular and execrable beer made by Anheuser-Busch. It's hard to see in this small jpg but the yellow banner across the center says "makes you loud and obnoxious." The white lettering on green just below proclaims "BIG BENDER BEER FESTIVAL  Winner of the 'Cheapest Buzz" Award 1978 - 1979."

This must be the official beverage of the event. I don't see how anyone could get in the frigid river without it.

New Year's Waterskiing On The Mississippi 9

6 comments:

Olivier said...

la biere rechauffe le skieur ;))

Jack said...

In Boston, the L Street Brownies jump into Boston Harbor on New Year's Day. I am not sure who is more nuts, this guy or the Brownies.

William Kendall said...

Oh, I do like that!

It's my idiot ex-brother-in-law who tends to tell stories no one wants to listen to, whether or not he's been drinking. And he's obnoxious and loud all the time...

Here in Ottawa we've gotten into the polar bear dip tradition on New Year's morning. They cut a half acre or an acre out of the ice on the Ottawa River, and those silly enough to go for it head on in. It raises a lot for charity...

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm sure had a beer or two after this ride.

Norma said...

No way on earth would I do this. Not even in summer. I've swam in the Pacific Ocean, but I wouldn't even wade in the Mississippi. It creeps me out.

TheChieftess said...

Good for him!!!