Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another Saturday Night In The Lou

Art St Louis Opening "Misperception" 1

There was an opening at Art St. Louis last night of a show called Misperception. Having weaseled my way onto the gallery wall, it was appropriate for me to show up.

The two women above were interesting. The one on the left had a piece nearby mine, that wonderful photograph in the first and second pictures. We introduced ourselves. She told me that she was a professionally trained, world-famous artist who rarely showed in St. Louis (she's from the area). Well, then. I told her I was a semi-trained, mostly unknown amateur who was happy to have something in the show. Chacun à son goût.

Never did understand what the woman on the right was about. In the end, I thought she might have been one of the works in the exhibit.

Afterwards, Carolyn and I went to Layla's, a Lebanese restaurant, for dinner. The unexpected entertainment had more visual appeal than most of the stuff at the gallery.      

Art St Louis Opening "Misperception" 2

Art St Louis Opening "Misperception" 3

Dinner At Layla's

8 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

There's no one more boring than an 'art snob' .. I remember this one that you showed Bob, a really fun shot.. I must admit that I would have enjoyed the belly dancing also, nothing like a bit of 'live' entertainment oui!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

You do run with a diverse crowd.

brattcat said...

from the title of this post i worried you might have come down with that stomach virus.

Birdman said...

Shake, Shake, Shake...

btw- RIP Stan the Man. Now, he'll be taking 'batting practice' with #9, even though Williams has no head up there. A couple of icons of the GREATEST game of all. Not counting Candyland, of course.
GRIN!

William Kendall said...

I think I've come across snobs like that!

Norma said...

I thought they were both part of the exhibit!

Jack said...

Funny post today. If you gotta tell someone how talented you are, you aren't.

Those girls are at least interesting to look at, though much less interesting than the dancer!

You can tell Mr. Birdperson that Stan is still taking batting practice alone. He is unquestionably in heaven. Not sure too many other ballplayers made it.

Stefan Jansson said...

Nerer anything wrong with Belly Dancing. Love the flickr shot.