Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Walk Along Washington Avenue: 2

Walk Along Washington 6

This 20 foot / 6 meter stainless steel sculpture has been at the corner of 8th and Washington since 1976. Its title is Synergism. Quite a few years ago I represented one of the two co-designers. Before I knew this was his work he simply told me that he was a sculptor. I asked him what kind. "A great one!" he immediately shot back. You can form your own opinion. He's got several pieces around town.

Walk Along Washington 7

7 comments:

Mr. Mcgranor said...

Abstract art is for the birds. Synergism; is he pro or con?

brattcat said...

i'm enjoying this exploration into the abstract.

William Kendall said...

That's entirely different!

Stefan Jansson said...

Wow. He is probably correct.

Virginia said...

Well I see a face with shark teeth in the first one. The bottom one......I dunno.
V

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I guess it's necessary to be confident if you're going to put your work out there, was interesting to see his other pieces Bob.

Unknown said...

This is amazing! And I love it in b&w. Great shots!

Regarding the Guernsey cows, I guess not, but the thing is I have no information about the piece I posted yesterday. It might be written somewhere at the station but I was in a hurry and had no time to look for it.