Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Detroit Marathon: And the Winner Is...

...to mom and dad, anyway Chicago CDP blogger U "R" Us, who ran the half marathon (13.1 miles / 21 km) in 1:59:18. That's not bad for his first long distance event. He placed 107 out of 237 for men aged 24 to 29 and 1,385 out of about 5,000 overall in the half length part of the Detroit Marathon. This photo was shot when he had run almost 10 miles / 16 km.

If you like, you can post a note of congratulations on his CDPB.

MORE DETROIT RUINS PHOTOS: U "R" Us just posted a bunch of Detroit ruins pix on Flickr. My Flickr site has the photos I posted yesterday and a growing number of others.

4 comments:

Ming the Merciless said...

Cool photo! Hope you didn't get run over by those people. :-)

U "R" Us AKA Captain Crowe said...

Awesome capture. So cool that you guys caught me at that point. For those wondering what's in my left hand, I had just pulled a package of Shot Bloks out of my pocket. I was about to eat one when I saw my parents on the sideline. I really credit this stuff with how well I did in the race.

Viola said...

Nice picture! Still could be smiling after a long distance run. Admire.....

• Eliane • said...

Awww, sweet post by the proud father. :)
Let me go congratulate the speedy champion...