Tuesday, September 17, 2024

SAINT LOUIS SCULPTURE: A TINTYPE SERIES

 

When I did my New York street photography program in May, everybody was experimenting with a camera app for iPhones called TinType, https://hipstamatic.app/app/tintype. It is Inspired by daguerreotypes, tintypes, and other photographic processes from over a hundred years ago. We got some pretty cool results.  Since St. Louis has lots of outdoor sculpture and I have nothing better to do, I decided to use it for a series. Other than the Arch, this is our emblematic sculpture, the Apotheosis of St. Louis, standing in front of the art museum.                

3 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Pretty sure I will never try that. Although ot can look kinda cool.

Barbara Rogers said...

Very dramatic, but I don't like how much of it is out of focus. (Personal opinion of course.)

Bob Crowe said...

That’s part of what the app is all about.