Tuesday, September 1, 2026

CITY DAILY PHOTO SEPTEMBER THEME - TRAVEL

 

Travel does good things to you. It makes you understand that your life and place are unique but not special. I think this is my very best picture, Mt. Everest, taken from base camp on the Tibetan side. Most climbers start in Nepal, but there is a rough road here from the north making access easier. I had bad altitude sickness. The overlook is at about 5,200 meters, 17,000 feet. Two people from our group had to pull me up the last little hill, but I wasn't going to miss the shot. Our guide said it was almost never this clear.                        

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Been following the news from Nepai and Tibet, so horrible. Superb photo here despite the altitude sickness.

Peter van den Besselaar said...

Magnificent picture!

Barbara Rogers said...

So glad you gave your all to your art...this is one magnificent photo of a magnificent mountain. Many sad thoughts going to the Napalese who are suffering from the flash floods.

Jim said...

Great theme day post.

Tamera said...

What an absolutely fantastic photo. It's neat that you got to experience something like that, even if it did give you altitude sickness. I have lived at 6,200 feet above sea level for most of my life but still get altitude sickness over about 9,500 to 10,000 feet. This photo is just gorgeous, Bob.

MurciaDailyPhoto said...

You trekked so high!

Bob Crowe said...

We didn't trek. We got in by Toyota Land Cruisers.