Yeah, we have some passenger rail service in this country. I wish we had a lot more, like Europe or Japan. We have good memories of being whisked from Avignon to Paris on the TGV, or Tokyo to Kyoto on the Shinkansen. Our town has service to Kansas City and Chicago. It takes a little longer than driving but is so much more comfortable. Looking forward to October when we go from Prague to Vienna to Budapest by train.

While recently in the US, Amtrak whisked me from Seattle to San Jose and back. Now in October I'll be taking the TGV from Paris to Avignon to visit a friend. Have to fly back though. I love trains, fast or slow.
ReplyDeleteI agree, but it's kind of like carpooling, so many people just want to hop in their own car and go. I value my driving too we are powerless without our wheels, but sometimes hopping a train to get there is so much more enjoyable.
ReplyDelete