Thursday, February 9, 2023

RETURN OF THE THURSDAY ARCH SERIES

In the first several years of this blog (it's now almost 16) I posted a picture of our local icon on many Thursdays. The habit eventually petered out. How many different ways can you photograph a hunk of stainless steel, albeit a very big one? And since I retired a year and a half ago there are few reasons to go downtown for a visit.

A couple of Saturdays ago Ellie decided she hadn't been to the top in a long time and wanted to go for a ride. There is a somewhat scary funicular that climbs up inside of each leg. It was a gorgeous day so I got a couple of snaps in. 

Tomorrow: the view from the top.               

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite dramatic!

Stefan Jansson said...

Nice to see it back on the blog.

LuiZ FernandoS said...

I almost gave up entering that funicular, but I had come from so far away...