Friday, November 3, 2017

Therapy


There are more pictures from STL's Halloween party on Flickr here and I may edit others. But today I need out and I'm getting out. Been a bit crabby lately with work, clients and certain other people. As Sartre said, l'enfer, c'est les autres, and I'm looking for some mental refreshment.

By mid-afternoon I will be in New York City, my point of origin. Now I wouldn't tell a Scot this to his or her face, but Sir Walter Scott, whose poetry I think is mostly awful, wrote
Breathes there a man, with soul so dead
   Who never to himself hath said
This is my own, my native land!
I still miss the place. Of course, living is St. Louis is far more affordable but going back here always gives me a boost. It hits my reset button. It's therapeutic. Later today I will meet up with Olivier of Evry Daily Photo. We will walk the streets, photograph what passes before us and use Google Translate a lot. Can't wait.

By the way, the photo here was taken in the Staten Island Ferry terminal last summer. The concept works for me.