Monday, December 7, 2015

Three Views Of Geppetto

Citygarden 2015-12-05 3

In Citygarden, two blocks from yesterday's location, Tom Otterness' Kindly Geppetto stands at a quiet intersection, ever ready to blast Pinocchio's cranium. He never unleashes that left-handed swing, though. The puppet may yet grow up to be a real boy.

I saw the smooth, chocolaty bronze of the statue against the sunset-orange brick of the Wainwright Building and knew there some good shots to be had. My regret is that I didn't think to walk around to the front and shoot the puppet maker's face against the azure twilight sky. Another day.                 

Citygarden 2015-12-05 1

Citygarden 2015-12-05 2

7 comments:

Halcyon said...

Hmmm... this is an interesting work! Not sure that I'd immediately recognize this as Gepetto!

Sharon said...

You are right, that is a beautiful color combination.

William Kendall said...

It has a very modern look.

Unknown said...

Your compositions of this version of Geppetto couldn't be any better. Brilliant series, Bob.

Jack said...

Uhhh . . . how would I recognize this as Gepetto?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looove the first shot Bob and yes this sculpture did remind me of chocolate which I immediately had to have (a piece of!)I don't know how many time I've done that very same thing, get home and think why didn't I take a shot from every side, soooo annoying :)

Stefan Jansson said...

First photo is a good one.