Thursday, October 8, 2015

Visit Ferguson

Strange Folk Festival 2015-09-26 4 (Visit Ferguson)

Remember Ferguson?  It's the St. Louis suburb where a police officer killed an 18 year old black man on August 9, 2014, leading to massive unrest. You saw it on TV.

Just about every American city has this Where magazine. It has information about local attractions and lots of advertising. You find them in hotels, mostly. Looks like it has joined an effort to rehabilitate Ferguson's reputation (not that it ever had much of one around here. Maybe that's part of the problem). I find this ironic and not quite genuine. It won't change anything.

Found in Union Station.                                        

6 comments:

Norma said...

I wouldn't go north of Forest Park even if I were paid to do so. Not anymore.

William Kendall said...

I expect the problem will take decades to sort out.

Luis Gomez said...

Totally agree with you Bob.

Pat said...

Too bad this happened. I saw all the reporting on TV,

Birdman said...

Smiling faces and veggies????? They'll need a bit more. WHERE????? Stay tuned.

Merry@Syracuse said...

When we lived in STl a few years ago, I did a lot of picture taking north of Forest Park and met folks like anywhere. I was even invited to meet someone's elderly mother. When all this blew up I felt, and still feel, broken hearted. There is a lot to be angry about, and STl's been unable to shake it.