Saturday, October 24, 2015

Some Concert Pix

Grovefest 2015-10-03 27

I don't know of anyone on CDP who does concert photography as well as my friend Olivier in Evry, France. (An example here.) I don't get to many performances where you can take pictures (the St. Louis Symphony, where we usually hang out, doesn't permit it). But Grovefest had a stage at one end of Manchester Avenue, happily facing southwest, where I stopped at the end of the afternoon. I don't remember the name of the group but they were terrific.

And hey, this week is the Gateway Arch's 50th anniversary! There's a party today in Kiener Plaza. Mrs. C, Emily, Madeleine and I will be attending.                      

Grovefest 2015-10-03 29

Grovefest 2015-10-03 28

Grovefest 2015-10-03 30

5 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Glad you enjoyed them and hey, these are pretty good too!

(Yes, Bigot = same meaning and probably a family name).

PerthDailyPhoto said...

These are fabulous Bob, you've captured the mood perfectly, they look like they're really enjoying themselves.Enjoy the Arch celebrations.

William Kendall said...

The third shot's my favourite. Terrific captures, Bob!

Jack said...

You did just fine, Bob. I went to an afternoon festival with some guys making noise on a stage, but my shots were pretty mediocre. Maybe I just wasn't feeling their music. Or maybe I was just bad, no excuses.

Stefan Jansson said...

Came out okay your photos I think.