Sunday, October 4, 2015

Clayton

Clayton Art Fair 2015-09-12 1

Still inching my way forward through The Lou's September and October events. I've gotten to the Clayton Art Fair, one of our two big outdoor exhibitions, held three weeks ago. Clayton is an inner suburb, seat of St. Louis County and, in a way, a second, sanitized downtown. The work on display there tends to be of a high level of craft and lacking in originality.

The best photos are in the details. Susan Stone was there, of course (she's always there, everywhere). The still life in the second picture was just sitting on a table in front of me. I made no attempt to arrange it but I suspect someone else did. 

Clayton Art Fair 2015-09-12 2

6 comments:

Norma said...

Ah, Clayton...Land of the Suits. I've never seen so many suits outside a Men's Wearhouse!

William Kendall said...

The still life works best for me!

Unknown said...

The still life composition is just perfect!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

She certainly adds a touch of local colour to events Bob :) I'm getting to the stage where I'm looking out for her now :)

PerthDailyPhoto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
PerthDailyPhoto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.