Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Another Reason Not To Watch Television

Clayton Art Fair 2015-09-12 5

One of the local TV stations had a big tent at the Clayton Art Fair. It was promoting some new superhero show. Yawn.

We watch very little television. I mean, where's the value? You could look at Survivor or read Salman Rusdie's new novel. No contest. Now we do watch the Cardinals games, The Simpsons (best show in the history of TV) and the occasional history and science program (although more of the latter are being dumbed down).

And then there's the whole thing about Fox. To its great credit, it does air The Simpsons. Other than that, I pretty much recoil at everything it stands for.                

Clayton Art Fair 2015-09-12 7

7 comments:

Halcyon said...

I like to watch the quiz shows, but most of German TV doesn't interest me. I read my books during the day though, so my husband can watch whatever he likes in the evenings.

Norma said...

I can't remember the last time we watched anything on Fox...but we love the superhero stuff!

Birdman said...

Well, at least you got your $$$ worth watchin' the Redbirds this summer. Think of me and my Sox. Cripes last place again. Surviver is looking better and better.

Sharon said...

I couldn't agree more about Fox. It seems like everything I watch lately is British. They seem to do a much better job of entertaining.

William Kendall said...

I don't watch a whole lot of television, and that which I do, I just watch by computer.

Wouldn't it be fun if the Cardinals end up playing the Blue Jays for the Series?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You're not wrong Bob, television is almost all reality shows these days and I find nothing entertaining about watching people making twits of themselves on National tv:)

Pat said...

Fully agree, Bob. When in the US, I faithfully watch Jeopardy!

I don't buy into a fancy cable connection here, but if I could get Jeopardy, then just maybe....