Tuesday, July 28, 2015

I Walk The Line

Signs In The Street 2

How do you know your feet should be on this spot? You take the test below. But is it good enough that it's on the honor system with no police watching you?

Saw this on Washington Avenue in the Grand Center district. You could wait there a long time since taxis don't cruise in St. Louis. We're not dense enough. You have to call one and the response can be spotty. Looks like we're about to get Uber X here after a long fight. I like the service and use it frequently in Chicago.                       

Signs In The Street 1

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

We have a few bad apples driving taxi cars in Stockholm. If you don't know anything about it and arrive to Arlanda they can take you everything you have just for the ride into the city.

Halcyon said...

I've never had a bad taxi experience. I think Uber is having a harder time in Europe due to more regulations and unions.

s.c said...

Nice one for sign,signs

Norma said...

Taxi service can be impossible sometimes. We once had to call one to take us three blocks because the storm was so bad, I heard there was something like 300 lightning strikes in an hour. I thought we'd be waiting long after Cecil Whitakers closed--but a cab arrived within ten minutes. We were so happy to see him, he got a big tip!

Sharon said...

I remember being impressed with the taxi service in Chicago compared to St. Louis. Before I learned to use the light rail, I even had trouble getting a cab at the airport.

William Kendall said...

I haven't had need of a taxi in years. The last time was a winter trip years ago to see my parents- the weather was so bad they called a cab to meet me at the train station.

Jack said...

A little self-diagnosis? Most drunks I know weren't inclined to taking tests.