Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Unchurched

Pagan Picnic 2015-06-06 2

You never count your money . . .  Most of us know that tune.

There is an annual event in Tower Grove Park (home of many of our stranger events) called the Pagan Picnic. It attracts all the dream weavers, witches, soul travelers, mystics, tarot readers, Wiccans, goddess worshipers and pentangle janglers - and lots of their friends - from miles around. All in service to the greater goals of spiritualism until it's time to count out a wad of twenties into a bank envelope.

I had quite the conversation with the man in the second photo. We agreed on a number of things.

Looking back over the kind of people I like to photograph, it seems unlikely you will ever find me shooting at the debutantes' cotillion (although I'd love to).                      

Pagan Picnic 2015-06-06 3

11 comments:

Oakland Daily Photo said...

I'm with this CSI guy.

Bergson said...

i want a CSI tee shirt

Stefan Jansson said...

I'm guessing you could lots of "interesting" people at this event!

cieldequimper said...

I'm like Bergson. But I'd keep it clean.

William Kendall said...

And unfortunately there's no shortage of idiots in the world.

Sharon said...

Bob, you do get out to some very interesting events! That shirt speaks volumes.

Unknown said...

Love the new meaning of CSI! :-)

Halcyon said...

They have good taste in t-shirts, at least!

Norma said...

Where can I buy that CSI t-shirt?

Birdman said...

Interesting word choice: unchurched. Is there food at the picnic?

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Wonder if that tee shirt comes in small :) Spiritually is one thing, but money makes the world go around!