Friday, June 19, 2015

3,000th Post


This is St. Louis Daily Photo's three thousandth post. Almost every day for eight and a quarter years.  The times I have missed were usually during long travels or when we were in remote locations without Internet service. It's been a joy, a grind, a burden and a wonderful education.

And it's time for my first break. Since I shoot only in RAW and obsessively edit everything in Photoshop, the blog takes up most of my evenings. There is shooting every weekend. I have neglected a lot of household maintenance and personal needs. It's time to re-balance. This is not the end. There are great photo opportunities coming up like the Pridefest Parade, my favorite local annual event, plus trips to New York and Chicago in July. 

So I'll be back pretty soon when I catch my breath.                         

11 comments:

Jilly said...

Hadn't realised till I clicked on the blog, as opposed to FB, that you will be taking a break. Well deserved and well understood! This is an enormous achievement Bob. I think we've been going a similar amount of time - so much learning, so much fun and of course the pleasure of meeting you and Carolyn. Enjoy your break and when the time is right, welcome back. x

Stefan Jansson said...

Editing does take a lot of time for those of us that shoot only in RAW. Your photos are always good so I can imagine the time you spend shooting and editing. Enjoy your break!

Luis Gomez said...

Congratulations Bob! Thank you for your always wonderful work. Lookibg forward to see you back soon.

Sharon said...

Congratulations on that huge milestone. Enjoy your break. I'll look forward to more photos in the future.

William Kendall said...

That is quite a milestone, Bob! Enjoy the break.

Norma said...

Congratulations, Bob! I can see why you need a break. No way could I do a post every day!

Birdman said...

Breathe and be back soon. What a way to go 'out'. A stunner.

s.c said...

Congratulations by reaching this milestone with a beauty of a shot from the arch. I hope that you come back after your break with a lot of new ideas for photo composition and more.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

3,000 posts.. that's a heck of a lot of editing Bob, bravo! You so deserve a break and you couldn't have picked a more fitting (temporary) exit shot. Have fun, get those jobs done and see you soon.

Olivier said...

felicitation pour ton 3000th posts, et ca ne pouvait etre en photo que la protectrice de la ville. Superbe et bonne continuité

Jack said...

Congratulations on your milestone post. You deserve a break. There are many ways you could ease the burden, but I am sure you know what they are and they don't appeal to you. See you when I see you.