Sunday, May 24, 2015

Primary Colors

St  Louis Swap Meet 2015-05-17 13

I've been on a motorcycle maybe twice in my life, both times as a passenger. The ride in the sidecar of an old BMW was the less terrifying, although my friend didn't have a another helmet (it's compulsory in Missouri) and I ended up wearing sort of a toy Cardinals batting helmet. We didn't get stopped by the police. I wouldn't drive one, though. Maybe you've heard the old line - what's another name for a motorcycle rider?  Answer: organ donor.

I wonder what was originally in the St. Louis Blues canister below. My guess is popcorn. Tastier than engine grease.                         

St  Louis Swap Meet 2015-05-17 12

4 comments:

s.c said...

I must admit that I was commuting for years on a motor the 32 km from home to work and back every day. Until one day when I was hit by a car in the back. Result 2 cars and 1 motor totally loss. I was very lucky to escape only with a lot of bruising and a ripped leather motorjacket. Got a new motor from the insurance. But since then I stopped with it but the feeling of being a kind of low flyer you don't get with a car anymore and that feeling I still miss.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I always imagine it must be quite liberating flying along with the wind blowing through your hair, but I'm quite happy to carry on imagining :)

Birdman said...

Had a Honda motorcycle in high school. It was a chick draw and great FUN. Long gone now, and I still have all my organs. That's a plus, right?
btw That gas tank gets the eyes busy.

William Kendall said...

Harleys are a great ride, Bob!