Friday, May 22, 2015

Inside Lemp Brewery

St  Louis Swap Meet 2015-05-17 7

Most of the action at the St. Louis Swap Meet is in the courtyard of the long-vacant Lemp Brewery. The  owners try to rent what space they can. The public was allowed into an area where a few people were restoring old cars or customizing motorcycles. 

The area was dark with a few shop lights scattered here and there. A path of sorts had been cleared but there was lots to trip on or fall into. Given my job, I wondered if they had any public liability insurance. Actually, I wondered how they could possibly get insurance for that interesting mess.

The person working on this vehicle seems to have questionable taste in beer and is proud of it.                          

St  Louis Swap Meet 2015-05-17 8

St  Louis Swap Meet 2015-05-17 11

8 comments:

s.c said...

Good place to take some kind of urbex shots. Looks great here.

Luis Gomez said...

Interesting place Bob.

Jack said...

Gawd! I am amazed they let anyone in. If I were an insurance underwriter, I would run, not walk, away.

Hope all is well. Can't visit often with the constraints of new grandchild, no time, power outages and weak wifi. Other than that, everything is great!

Olivier said...

j'adore cet endroit, avec ces tresors.
Superbe derniere photo

William Kendall said...

I doubt that car is ever going to move from that spot again.

Sharon said...

That really is an awful mess. Maybe that guy is from Milwaukee. I know, still questionable.

Stefan Jansson said...

You always need beer for this type of work. I guess it will be a while before this car is done.

Norma said...

My father would have fallen in love with that old car!