Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ring Out The Old

New York City 2014-12-27 25

Pictures from in and around Times Square, New York, where the big glowing ball will drop tonight to mark another click on the meter. Mrs. C and I are usually sound asleep by then. Tomorrow we can wonder about what the new year may bring us. Forecasts are just a matter of probabilities but I can't say I'm optimistic about the future of our species and planet.

I'll do picture or pictures of the year on Thursday, depending on how much self-restraint I can muster. The first choice has already been decided. It's the lead photo in a post from 2014. Free STL DPB print to anyone who can guess.                                 

New York City 2014-12-27 8

New York City 2014-12-27 7

7 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Have a great 2015 Bob!

s.c said...

I agree with Luis. Have a great 2015.

Birdman said...

Something's always happening at the Square.
I'm a pretty optimist character. I say, 2015 Bring it on!

William Kendall said...

Might the lead photo have something to do with a certain Miss Madeleine?

Times Square does feel quite busy, but never so busy as it'll start to be in about seven or eight hours.

Jack said...

Times Square doesn't look as busy in these pix as it sometimes does. But, the masses will undoubtedly fill it to overflowing by midnight. Dreaming of sugar plums by then is a better plan.

Why so pessimistic? Life is good.

Have a grand 2015. Give Miss M a peck on the cheek from me.

Stefan Jansson said...

You are supposed to be awake by then Bob! Not sound asleep. Nice scenes from New York.

Me Mumbaikar said...

All great clicks. My faves are the music student and mirror of nice besides the first one.
Wish you a Happy New Year!