Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Thoroughly Modern Milles

Milles Fountain 2014-03-30 8

Okay, call the pun police. I'll surrender immediately. It was a long day at work.

Another shot from Carl Milles' The Meeting of The Waters. Milles was an important sculptor of the first half of the Twentieth Century. His specialty was fountains. Our colleague Steffe notes that there is a museum dedicated to his work in Stockholm. The statues in our fountain are both stolid and graceful. I'll go back in a few weeks when the water is turned on.                                

7 comments:

cieldequimper said...

This one is very pretty.

s.c said...

This kind of statues are a sort of trademark for the whole of Scandinavia as I think on Emanuel Vigeland in Norway.

Pat said...

You're a runner-up to Lowell of Ocala Daily Photo in the pun department. Good BW.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Nice one Bob, love the title and the sculpture and btw I was definitely thinking of yourself and Mrs C when I thought of my title today :)

William Kendall said...

It's a beautiful sculpture.

Stefan Jansson said...

She is a beauty.

Jack said...

The lady is lovely.