Saturday, April 5, 2014

Did I See This At The Whitney?

#33

When I visit my, um, place of origin, I usually check out the Whitney Museum of American Art. It's not so much just American stuff (no portraits of George Washington) as cutting edge contemporary.  You can see all kinds of head scratchers in there. It just seems like I ran into this at one of those shows where people treat the art like Rorschach test figures.

It's not that snooty. I found this on the pavement at a construction site. It may be one of those  mysterious symbols that mark where utility lines go. Maybe it has a deeper meaning.

                                  

7 comments:

s.c said...

Nice find. I like the composition and color.

cieldequimper said...

I wouldn't be looking for a deeper meaning here...

Luis Gomez said...

You just never know what kind of messages and codes are there for you to find. ;)

William Kendall said...

I'd say the first instinct in this case is the truth.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Birdman said...

BC, come on that's easy. #33 Larry Legend or Mr. Bird to you. hahahaha
btw- How was opening day? Or is the home opener this weekend?

Stefan Jansson said...

I watch the show The Americans so I knot that this is a message left by spies.