Saturday, April 26, 2014

Away Down South In Dixie

Welcome To Arkansas

Welcome To Tennessee

Welcome To Mississippi

We have a big country. As of Thursday, I had set foot in in 48 of our 50 states. Yesterday afternoon I checked off one of the last two, Mississippi. All that's left is North Dakota. If I get there, I get there. But, hey, I actually know someone from North Dakota and he's pretty cool. Maybe I should make the effort.

Mrs. C is attending a conference in the Mississippi suburbs of Memphis, Tennessee, and I drove down yesterday to join her. Long ride, arriving in rush hour traffic. Need refreshment! I asked the hotel desk clerk if you could buy beer in supermarkets in Mississippi (we have weird alcohol laws from state to state). He said no, but you could at the pharmacy. Makes sense to me. Ah, relaxation.

Back into the city this morning on my own and that rendezvous with Elvis. More tomorrow, I hope. The WiFi at the hotel isn't working and I'm writing this Friday night at a Mexican restaurant down the street. Necessity is the mother of invention and buyer of tacos.          

6 comments:

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Beer in the supermarket was odd enough but in the pharmacy? What the!! Your alcohol laws are a lot less strict than ours.

Tamera said...

I'm only missing Alabama and South Carolina. You should definitely try to hit up North Dakota. It's beautiful :^)

Safe travels!

William Kendall said...

Beer in the pharmacy? That's a new one!

You should definitely have a go at North Dakota.

Birdman said...

As I've written on a couple of blogs today, Just love long state to state trips. Enjoy! Safe travels.

Norma said...

Have a safe trip!

Jack said...

I still have Mississippi on my list, along with Wisconsin and both Dakotas. It looks like I need to get going.