Sunday, February 23, 2014

Winter On Art Hill

FP Pano 2014-02-22 1

I'm learning how to do Photoshop panoramas - take rows and columns of shots - at least four but there is no specific limit - and let the software  stitch them together to make a big whole. This is a six-shot pano, looking down across the wintery grass on Art Hill to the Grand Basin in Forest Park.

Mrs. C's recovery from her knee replacement is remarkable. The physical therapist had her up with a walker in the hall while I was there yesterday. She was remarkably stable and had little pain. Which gets to why I'm writing so few comments - family duties, office time to make up for when I'm at the hospital, and I gotta go shoot something. She will be home tomorrow. Things will straighten out.                               

9 comments:

Tamera said...

I've been doing panos a lot lately too. I'm going through a phase. It's been fun. Glad to hear your wife is already doing better. Cheers!

s.c said...

Nice panorama. And it is that you not have any idea that it consist of more shots. I still want to make one from an oil refinery but since it is not in the neighbor I have to wait till I am . Hope everything work out well for your wife.


Vince said...

The lawn looks better than expected after the damage caused by the Burnin' Love event.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Glad the surgery went well and hope the recovery is similarly successful. We look forward to seeing both of you in April.

Luis Gomez said...

This looks very good Bob. I am glad your wife is feeling better.

cieldequimper said...

Excellent news! Now for physio...

This fantastic photo looks a bit like the wild West to me!

William Kendall said...

It's a grand view!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

It's quite astounding how quickly people are up and about after knee surgery these days Bob, so glad to hear Mrs. C is doing so well. Love the panoramic shot but that is way too complicated for moi, so I will just enjoy yours and Steffe's :)

Stefan Jansson said...

Glad that you are learning to shoot panoramic views. That is always fun.