Friday, November 1, 2013

The New View

2013-10-31 View From New Office 1

Had to go by the new office yesterday for a meeting about carpeting, where to put certain walls and that sort of exciting stuff. Since I was complaining yesterday about the view I'm losing, I thought I'd take some phone cam snaps of my new one.

It's north of the Arch, in a northeast corner. After on-and-off rain all day, we were rewarded with a gorgeous rainbow to the north. The elevated highway in the foreground is I 70. The domed football stadium is to the left, the new bridge across the Mississippi in the center and the luxury Four Seasons Hotel on the right.

The bottom view will be behind my desk to the east, facing the Mississippi, Eads Bridge and Illinois. The brilliant trees are in the north end of the Arch's park. I don't know what kind they are - Mrs. C, the family horticulturalist could tell you - but they have some kind of disease and will be replaced with a different species.

This post is linked to City Daily Photo's monthly theme day page. For November 1 the topic is heights. To see members' elevated images from around the world click here.               

2013-10-31 View From New Office 2

8 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Panoramic view! You could actually link it to the CDP Theme Day!

Birdman said...

Looks like you still might have a 'view' of your arch.

Olivier said...

superbe vue et tu as une arche naturelle avec l arc en ciel

William Kendall said...

Stunning views, Bob!

hamilton said...

It is a different view, but still a stunning one.

Valladolid Daily Photo said...

Great view too. Interesting contribution to the theme day. Have a good weekend!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I would not be complaining about that view at all Bob, there's a lot going on there! Thanks for the Eads Bridge link and yes you are so right I would NEVER step out onto a glass floor any higher than say..ground level :))

LOLfromPasa said...

A stunning view and that rainbow - just perfect!