Sunday, November 24, 2013

I Didn't Know They Were Acquainted

Santa ♥ Ms. Missouri

Santa and Ms. Missouri seem to be on very friendly terms. If I were an old guy with snow-white hair I'd find this exciting. Actually, I'm not that far off but I dress better than Santa.

The whole Ms. America/Ms. Missouri (formerly Miss) thing is pretty awful. I remember watching Miss America as a kid and thinking it embodied unattainable elegance. There was an evening in a cousin's living room in Ireland when the whole family, young and old, watched the local equivalent, the Rose of Tralee Pageant, with rapt attention. But really. It's such an out-of-it vision of women and their place in society. Makes me think of Frank Zappa's Suzy Creamcheese.        

Ms Missouri And Santa

6 comments:

Tamera said...

Yep, it's pretty awful and needs to go away. Like that'll ever happen. Sigh.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Haha! Naughty Santa :) couldn't agree more about the beauty pageant thing Bob, all the pleas for 'world peace' don't seem to be working :))

Norma said...

The whole pageant thing seems so superficial. But then, it always did.

cieldequimper said...

I'm not into these things but I do love Father Christmas.

William Kendall said...

It does seem really superficial.

Santa, behave yourself...

Stefan Jansson said...

Santa up to no good.