Monday, August 12, 2013

Twisted

Twisted Courthouse

I made it back downtown with the fisheye lens. To complicate matters, I shot HDRs with it, something I've never tried. 

The top image is an old (by American standards) courthouse that gets great light in the late afternoon reflected from the windows of the building across the street. You can see a bit of it in the extreme warp at the top left.

The second picture was taken in exactly the same place as yesterday's lead pic, just different lens and digital technique. Note the weird digital noise outside the circle of the image. That area was theoretically dark, as the fisheye should have kept all the light within the circle. What you see in there was created by Photomatix, the HDR software. Kinda cool. I blacked it out in the top photo and left it in the second. Which do you prefer?

I've been terrible about comments. Too damn much work, with some special business planning issues on the table right now. On the current schedule, retirement is 43 months away. Maybe I should start a countdown clock.                                    

Inside Twain

9 comments:

Tamera said...

I prefer the black background. You make me want to bust out the fisheye and fart around with is just for fun. Love your angle on the second shot, I should try that!

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

i have never tried the fisheye lens looking up.

cieldequimper said...

FANTASTIC!

Jack said...

Maybe the folks who appreciate fisheye lens photos should do the commenting today.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

The black is definitely more dramatic Bob, but I really like them both a lot. it's kinda fun to try something new.

Stefan Jansson said...

Cool, at least if you leave out the HDR!

TheChieftess said...

LOVE the second shot!!! How fun! I find fish eye lenses fascinating!!!

William Kendall said...

For me, the first of the two works best.

Nathalie H.D. said...

Both photos are great, keep shooting! (and do set up that countdown clock on your blog, it would be fun !)