Thursday, August 8, 2013

That Lady Has A Hot Embouchure

Citygarden Concert 2013-08-07 1

I'm out of touch with so much in my community. I work, work some more, take pictures, edit pictures, tend the blog, have dinner with my wife and fall asleep. Barely use Facebook and have no interest in Twitter. So I can get disconnected.

Fortunately, Mrs. C is just the opposite. She keeps me in the loop. Carolyn told me that there was a series of Wednesday lunch time concerts in Citygarden. Who knew? Today's main performer was Dawn Webber, one of the hottest trumpeters in town. We've heard her before. The performance was terrific, a perfect way to break up an overloaded morning and overwhelming afternoon at the office.     

Citygarden Concert 2013-08-07 3a

Citygarden Concert 2013-08-07 2

Citygarden Concert 2013-08-07 4

8 comments:

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

I once had a partner who called the city to complain that the lunch time concerts for downtown office workers in the nearby park were interfering with his concentration at work. in his office 21 floors above and one block away

I think he should have gone down and enjoyed the concerts in person.

cieldequimper said...

No chance of anything like this happening where I work.

Tamera said...

Great shots of her! I can practically hear the music!

Stefan Jansson said...

Very nice with live music like this.

TheChieftess said...

What fun!!! Good thing your wife has her finger on the pulse of the city!!!

Unknown said...

As a historical trumpeter (I played the instrument a long time ago) I can truly appreciate Dawn Webber's talents. Sorry I missed the concert. I'll have to catch her at another gig.

William Kendall said...

Good portraits, Bob!

There's a spot outside one of the office towers here that has a stage set for lunch hour concert. It tends to draw quite a few people out.

Jack said...

You need to get out more, Bob.