Sunday, August 25, 2013

Om . . .

Tibetan Monks 1

Exiled Tibetan monks on stage at the International Festival in Tower Grove Park.  It seems almost sacrilegious to call it a performance. It seemed even worse to amplify their sounds and play them through huge loudspeakers. My reaction is influenced, I'm sure, by having had the great privilege of visiting some of their brothers back home

It was too hot and too crowded to shoot for long. May try to get back there when it opens this morning.                      

Tibetan Monks 2

7 comments:

Stefan Jansson said...

Never heard them play, but have met the odd monk or two in Haninge while out shooting. Lets hope that the weather improves today so that you can get some more photos from the festival.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I guess they have to get their message out there somehow Grandpa Bob...How is adorable Madeleine?

cieldequimper said...

They were doing it so I imagine they were ok...


(Yes, yes, I remember the champagne!)

William Kendall said...

I've heard them do this before. It's a peculiar sort of sound to my ears...

Jack said...

No one forced them to stand in front of the microphones, so a performance it was!

Unknown said...

What fabulous shots! Wish I had some as good as these from my trip to Tibet. :-)

Virginia said...

Love these B. Nice of them to wear such colorful robes!
V