Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Gray And Wet

Eros Bendato

Some of our CDP colleagues have been talking about chilly, damp late winter days. That's all we've had here for a while. Some of us have shown first flowers poking out of the earth. I haven't seen any yet but I have not gone out of my way to find them.

On Sunday afternoon, my camera and I wandered around downtown to see how this would photograph. These shots were taken either through open car windows or running out from a parking space, blasting a few shots and then quickly back in to dry off the camera.

The top pic is Igor Mitoraj's Eros Bendato (Eros Bound) in Citygarden, seen here a few times before. Below, the relatively new federal courthouse rises over the one it replaced, now used by the state courts.  At the bottom, the water-streaked granite panels of the cafe in Citygarden.      

Two Courthouses

Joe's Chili Bowl

6 comments:

cieldequimper said...

I like your chilly and wet, it is appealing.

59° on Saturday, 34° today and snowing hard.

brattcat said...

you are heroic.

Virginia said...

I have seen you in Rain Mode, B. You are a trooper. I've always liked that sculpture
V

Jack said...

The first two are quite lovely, and they work in black and white. Take that as a compliment. I rarely prefer monochrome.

William Kendall said...

These work very well in black and white. Gives it a timeless feel.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You did well dodging the rain Bob, top shot is my fav.