Saturday, March 9, 2013

Along The Route

Missouri Bears At Peabody Opera House 2

Shots along the route of the Idiotarod. The obstinate Missouri mule is our official state animal but there are a pair of bears on the state seal. Several of them surround the Peabody Opera House downtown (which has not produced an opera since its multi-million dollar restoration and reopening a couple of years ago. They mostly present pop trash.) I like the bears. They are stylish and unthreatening. Somebody got the top one with a can of Silly String, but that's what it's for. The bottom one quietly observes the Where's Waldo team racing up 14th Street.

Missouri Bears At Peabody Opera House 1

5 comments:

William Kendall said...

Waldo and his long love affair with the equally hard to find Carmen Sandiego...

I do like those bears!

tapirgal said...

Poor bear got drizzled! Both photos are enchanting. I love the focus on the second.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I like the bears also Bob, as you say they look smooth and friendly watching over the goings on there!

Lynette said...

I like these bears, too, Bob. Thanks for the photos and the info about them. Too bad the Peabody hasn't presented more interesting fare for folks to enjoy. About my photo, yes, that's the HDR special effect that is available for free at the Web site PicMonkey. Before I used it, I had straightened and cropped the image. There are lots of special effects in the free part of PicMonkey that are fun. Some good ones, different in their alteration impacts, are at BeFunky, another Web site where I go for free.

Unknown said...

It reminds me of the famous black or white Art Deco bear whose author's name I can't remember now... :-))) Love the composition at the bottom.