Saturday, August 4, 2012

The End of Camera Camp: Exhaustion

.
Camera Camp Exhaustion

David Wells worked us harder than any other teacher I've had at my four previous visits to the Maine Media Workshops. I literally had no spare time, no opportunity to shoot the little fishing harbor in the morning fog, no space to edit my work for my own use, and absolutely, positively not enough time to sleep. Late one evening I was sitting at the desk in my room editing my work for the following morning's class when I glanced up at the mirror and saw my laptop's screen reflected in my glasses. My eyelids were heavy. As I mentioned, the following night I simply fell asleep in the chair over my work.

I am so glad I came.

But wait, there's more! I'm spending tonight at my brother and sister-in-law's house in the suburbs of Boston. He got his company's box seats to the Red Sox game tonight. Fenway Park, the oldest stadium in the major leagues! It's a temple for baseball fans and I would never have dreamed I'd get to go there. Pix on Sunday if I have time to edit something.

Many more photos from Maine to edit and upload. They will appear here and on Flickr in days to come.

6 comments:

Virginia said...

Bless your heart!
V

William Kendall said...

Enjoy the game!

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Awwww! Bob, you look like you're asleep with your eyes open!!

Birdman said...

PLEASE! Bring them some of that Cards' luck. They are just strugglin'. Enjoy the game!

cieldequimper said...

Good game and goodnight!

Nathalie said...

A great portrait Bob! It certainly reflects your exhaustion well!