Monday, May 14, 2012

Women Can Fly

.
Tour de Grove 4

At the Tour de Grove on Saturday, I watched races for men, women and handicapped competitors on three-wheel recumbent cycles. Everyone was impressive. The last time I tried to ride a bike I needed a cortisone shot in my knee. Really. The action I photographed was far beyond me.

Toward the end I was sitting on the curb, shooting the men with a wide angle lens as they zoomed by. The woman above, who was among the leaders throughout the race (as in the next picture) stopped beside me to chat with a race official. She looked like a Valkyrie on wheels. Check out those muscles. I'd stay out of the way.    

Tour de Grove 8

Tour de Grove 10

Tour de Grove 9

Tour de Grove 3

12 comments:

Olivier said...

j'aime beaucoup ton titre et la deuxieme photo, on dirait qu'elle sprinte

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

You have captured the speed, power and excitement of the race and the spirit of the competitors very well.

cieldequimper said...

Which reminds me that we are getting nearer to the Tour de France time of year. Good thing I don't have TV.

brattcat said...

great shots, bob. you can feel the energy and the speed.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Fabulous, gosh she looks like a real powerhouse!

Paul in Powell River said...

A great series of shoys!

Unknown said...

Great cropping on top! Fantastic portrait, Bob!

Jack said...

Some fine photographs, Bob. In particular, I like the wide angle view of the bicycle pack and the last portrait.

Virginia said...

Great shots B. And I can't or won't ride a bike with my crappy knees but the truth be known, I didn't ride BEFORE they were crappy. I'd kill for some good looking legs. I'm grateful for long pants.
V

Kate said...

Everything men can do, women can do better, or almost!!

Oakland Daily Photo said...

Like the close-in shots best. Nice immediacy of action.

Stefan Jansson said...

Good use of the wide angle lens here. I really enjoyed looking at all the bike photos.